Wednesday, 10 July 2013

Crop tops for busty gals? Can you, would you, dare you?

A few weeks ago Georgina of fullerfigurefullerbust tweeted that she'd tried on a crop top and since then I was curious about how they would look on me. As I was browsing in Primark one lunch hour, I saw a few I quite fancied and decided to give them a try just to see how they'd look.

I chose to team the crop tops up with a green jersey midi skirt, costing just £5. The skirt is available in red, blue, green and black. Primark didn't any have any in my usual skirt size 8 so the one in the photos is a size 10. I'm not overly keen with the midi length on me, but apparently it's THE length to wear so I guess I can live with it.

Unfortunately Primark don't have an online shop, although ASOS ave a small selection available. 

First up, a colourful Aztec print top in a size 6. Costing £6 (I think it was?) it's a cheap and easy way to work this seasons daring trend. The problem I had with this top is that besides making me look ALL boob, you could clearly see my bra straps.

                                         

You should all know by now that I'm a complete sucker for anything polka dot, so this black and white crop top immediately caught my eye. Costing £4, it's so tempting! Again, it makes me look very busty, but I kind of like how I look in this outfit and may well end up buying it. At just £9 fr both the top and skirt, I think I can justify it. My only issue is that the outfit might be a bit too young for me with me turning 32 in a month's time.

                                         


So, my curvy readers, what do you think? Would you dare to bare your midriff this summer for this latest fashion trend or is it all a bit too much for you? Would you avoid wearing fashions you know look good on you because you feel you're too old for them?

12 comments:

  1. The point you make about being too old is valid, but fashion is cyclical. That polka-dot number you sport is outta sight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look stunning... busty girls can wear cropped tops but they need the flat tummy to go with it, so it is not the bust that is the issue, it is the tummy...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a little bit older, but I don't give a damn (mini-skirts, shorts, crop tops - yes, please) as I'm in quite a good shape. I think as long as you wear this on weekends and evening going out or on vacation it's totally ok.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that polka dot shirt would be dynamite on you with some dark-wash, high-rise skinny jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow your going to be 32, you look so much younger than that. Id say rock it, you have the stomach for it. I prefer the spotted one too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Umm, I just posted a crop top pic of myself about a week ago so hell yeah! I'm not "too old" for them as I'm 20 but bodytype is definitely not the one to pull off a crop top look. But hell, I don't care!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE these! You're definitely not too old. I always say that the 30's is the sexiest age range.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wait,you're 32?I thought you were 28... O.o I think you look amazing.
    I just realized you are kind of Marina and the Diamond's body twin!She wore a crop top with a skirt and I adored the look.Having a hard time finding a pic so I'll just post the video link.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuTGg2Jijys

    ReplyDelete
  9. First of all, you look fabulous in crop tops. I don't find midi-skirts attractive but I love the colour and the tailoring of that one. At those prices the outfit is a bargain. At 32 you'll still be a youngster and will be in the prime of life. I think you should feel free to dress young even after you turn 70. Tina turner still looks great in miniskirts and Dolly Parton still looks great in crop tops. You would look fabulous in bustier style tops (or just bustiers) too.

    http://www.full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look stunning!! believe me! the colors are so attractive and awesome!!
    Gold Bra Strap

    ReplyDelete
  11. great items !! love the skirt !
    would you like to
    follow each other ?
    http://inyasuniverse.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Damn, you look amazing in crop tops, I personally can't pull them off as my stomach isn't as flat, but you most certainly can.

    ReplyDelete