Thursday, 7 March 2013

The Nautical Spot 'must-have' dress from Pepperberry

It was love at first sight. The polka dots, the cut, the contract piping. I had to have it! Pepperberry's Nautical Spot dress was everything I wanted, but at £59 (+£3.95 delivery) I was reluctant to jump in feet first, so I kept leaving it and leaving it until I needed some well deserved retail therapy. Believe me, when I say need, I really mean it. Isn't it cute?


I own Pepperberry clothes in both 8C and 8RC (see their size guide here) so I wasn't sure which size to order, but my mind was made up by the fact that they didn't have any 8RCs in stock! 

The 8C arrived a few days later and the jury was out on the fit. It wasn't spot on but was close. The bustline seemed to be pulling a little and the waistband was maybe an inch on the large side. I decided to try it again a few days later and make my mind up then. In the meantime I noticed the 8RC in stock, so I ordered it and received an email from Pepperberry saying they wouldn't charge for postage as it was apparent I was ordering for size comparison.Very kind! The 8RC was too big in both the bust and waist! Here are the two side by side. The 8RC isn't too flattering is it?


Since my battery was running low, I only had the chance to take a very quick photo of the dress in full. I added a white bow belt I bought from Ebay (as always, it was very cheap from a Chinese seller). It would make the ideal spring/summer dress and the neckline is not exceptionally low, making it ideal for work too. It's a style that will last season after season, especially if you're like me and will always wear vintage styles, regardless to whether they're in fashion or not.



Have you tried Pepperberry? What did you think?

13 comments:

  1. Love it! I've been drooling over this one for ages. I'm glad to hear that it runs large in the bust somewhat, I might actually have a chance. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's worth a try but I think they're almost sold out now!

      Delete
  2. I've never tried Pepperbery but it looks lovely on you. I like the polka dots, the piping and the way the dress hangs. I'm sure it would be lovely to go dancing in. I didn't know you had that love of vintage. A number of other bloggers I follow like Frocktasia and Vintage Vixen do concentrate on vintage outfits, though they haven't left comments on my blog (yet). I just did a new post about a half an hour ago titled: "Outfit Post and Review: Hanes Her Way Women's Nylon Brief Panties". (in lavender). I paired them with a green Eyelash Ruffle Top from Dressbarn. I'm up in the air about what to do about Twitter. If I do any #FFs or @'s naturally I'll recommend following you @LeCurvyKitten.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you sent the 8RC back yet? I'm in the states and would love to not pay international shipping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, sorry, I sent it back before I'd even published this blog post. It wouldn't have been any use to you anyway since I'm in the UK, so you would have had to pay international shipping. Sorry. If you want one, check Ebay next summer. I know it's a long wait but last year's summer stock is making an appearance on there from shops who must have bought their old stock.

      Delete
  4. Fantastic post!


    http://danicastark.blogspot.com

    Please follow me and keep in touch.

    Beso!

    Danica Stark

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is really warm for our cold winters in UK! I also really like the coat length, not too long and not too short, of course its in sheepskinjackets.webs.com. I was a little hesitant to order on-line without trying the Sheepskin Jackets UK on first but I am really happy with its fit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an amazing dress! You look really cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I haven't managed to wear it yet but it's warm enough now so I might do this weekend :)

      Delete