Sunday, 22 April 2012

My Winning Entry For FullerFigureFullerBusts Competition!

Back in February, Georgina of FullerFigureFullerBust ran a fabulous competition with loads of amazing prizes. I was lucky enough to win 5 sets from Panache and a dress from BiuBiu, as reviewed in my two previous posts. 

So here's a quick post about my entry,in case you haven't seen it already. I chose the 'design a bra' category, and my idea quickly snowballed into actually making my design! 

I love The Rocky Horror Picture show, especially the character of Columbia. She's feisty with bright red hair, and wears sequins! My bra design is based on Columbia's costume in the Time Warp scene; multi-coloured sequin corset, gold sequin tailcoat and striped shorts.


Alas, my idea was born! I used an old bra that didn't fit, cut off the mesh overlay and trim, and got to work. It took around 10 metres of multi-coloured strung sequins, about 3 metres of other trims, a few metres of various coloured ribbon, half a bottle of fabric glue and a number of hours! It almost didn't happen. I ran out of sequins at this point and it took me a few weeks to find a new supply to match exactly!



.....And here it is...The Columbia!



What's more, it fits me!

I really enjoyed making it and it was well worth the effort as the prizes I won were amazing! Thanks again to FullerFigureFullerBust for choosing me as a winner!

8 comments:

  1. This is BEYOND AWESOME! Now I really really want one for me...

    I think a more detailed DIY sequin bra tutorial would be in order... please? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was literally gluing a bunch of trims onto a plain bra, it's that simple!

      Delete
  2. ooh want one...no NEED one lol. fabulous work xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE The Rocky Horror Picture Show! I saw it 11 times in person (the first time as a "virgin" in the back row of the 8th Street playhouse in Manhattan. I freaked when people were squirting water and shouting "No shit, Sherlock!" when RiffRaff said to Janet and Brad "You're Wet" Don't Dream It Be It was my favourite song. I was thinking of learning all the lines so I could play Dr. Frankenfurter in the front. "How do you do, I - see you've met my - faithful handyman." The Time Warp! Love the song and the dance! "It's the pelvic thrust - that really drives you insane. Let's do the Time Warp again!" I knew a woman who played Magenta. I think it's fantastic that you love Little Nell's character Columbia. I loved the scene with Columbia and Magenta on the bed together watching what was going on on the TV monitor and commenting.

    You put a lot of work into that costume. It's brilliant! I'm not surprised you won. Are they still having showings of Rocky Horror where you are? It would be great to wear to any costume party or even a regular one. I really love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The jacket and hat were from a fancy dress shop, but I embellished the bra and shorts myself. I also have a corset made from screen accurate sequinned fabric. It's unwearable now though as it's too big and is a little worse for wear.

      RHS hasn't toured the UK in a few years now, but when it does, I'll be there again!

      Delete
    2. I'll have to take a closer look at what Columbia was wearing on the bed with Magenta while Janet was singing "toucha toucha toucha touch me. I want to feel dirty" after I get a working VCR again (I have the VHS version and should get the DVD). I think it was PJs. Sorry to hear that the corset you made is worse for wear, but your figure is great! My own figure could use some work as you would be able to see reading my latest male-modeled lingerie review post Male-Modeling Maidenform Dreams Part 2 . Congrats to you on your lingerie modeling. It's nice to read another Rocky Horror fan as well! I love the opening lines by Riff Raff in Time Warp! (from memory) "It's astounding. Time is fleeting. Madness takes it's toll. But listen closely. Not for very much longer. I've got to keep control."

      Delete
  4. Did you make the shorts yourself? If so do you take commissions?

    ReplyDelete