Thursday, 12 January 2012

2 more from Curvy Kate!

Rich jewel colours, ruffles, bows, oodles of detailing...It can only mean one thing, another Curvy Kate Showgirl review!

I have to admit, every time I open my lingerie drawer, I let out a sigh at the sheer beauty of this first bra. It is truly beautiful! It is Curvy Kate's Thrill Me in Jade/Fuchsia. It's base colour is supposedly jade, but I'd call it more of a turquoise. It's trim is a bright, contrasting fuchsia, and works beautifully against the jade.

I was fortunate enough to receive this bra, along with all the bottoms; the thong, high-waisted brief and the shorts as a Christmas present from my lovely boyfriend. I prefer the shorts out of the three, as they have cheeky ruffles across the bottom and also have detachable suspenders. The high-waisted briefs are something I've not tried before, and although other women find them flattering, I feel they make me look bigger somehow. I love the thong as frills at the top of each leg, so cute! 

For size reference, the bra is a 28H and the bottoms are all in a 14. As always with Thrill Me, back down, 2 cups up is my general rule, but this must only be used as a guide, as you may find they fit you differently. op to bottom, shorts, thong, high-waisted brief.





Again a Christmas present, this time Curvy Kate's Tease Me in Black/Almond. I LOVE Tease Me, it's so sexy AND supportive. The almond colour makes a nice change from the brighter colours from past seasons, and I must admit, I wasn't a fan initially, but seeing it in the flesh changed that. I just have the gorgeous shorts in this set, with ruffles on the back and detachable suspenders.

Again, in a size 28H and this time the shorts are a size 16.

There's nothing more I can say about these sets that I haven't already covered. I just think they are gorgeous!

Thanks for reading
<3

17 comments:

  1. I love that first set, it's on my wish list! How do you find other Curvy Kate bras fit? Are they generally true to size? How would you recommend I get on with a Thrill Me if my back is already 28? I'm usually a FF/G in most places and haven't tried CK yet :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi and thanks for reading! I haven'y tried any other CK bras on as I only wear padded ones. Apparently the unpadded are more true to size. As CK don't make a 26 back, I'd recommend either altering a 28 back or skipping CK altogether.

      My recommended brand to go for would be Ewa Michalak. You'd be able to wear a 30 band in their range as they fit tight.

      I'm 28" underbust and have 30G and 30GG from Ewa Michalak and they're perfect. Their designs are nice too, but not quite as stunning as the Curvy Kate Showgirl range sadly :(

      Delete
    2. Hi! Not sure if you read on the other comment but this is my 'bra' account. I found a 28 back wasn't actually too bad on me which pleased me. I LOVE the Showgirl range!
      I've looked at Ewa Michalak and their calculator put me at 70E (32E I think) which did put me off as this is so out of what I wear. I have 32Es which clearly do not fit. Did you use their method of measuring or did you guess your size based on usual bras? x

      Delete
    3. I had a little help from my online friends. Ewas bands are quite tight and I wear a 30G and 30GG from them, but my underbust measures 28". If CK showgirls in a 28 are okay on you, then 32 or 30 will probably be best in Ewa. What is your underbust measurement if you don't mind me asking?

      Delete
    4. 28" exactly which is why I wear a 28" band :) I'm 37 overbust x

      Delete
    5. Apologies for asking, CK Showgirls usually run quite big in the band and are generally recommended for a back size up. I hate size discrepancies!

      Definately try a 30 band from Ewa then. I'm about 36" overbust I think, so I'm guessing you'll have success with a 30H perhaps? If you're not scared of sending returns back to a non-English speaking company then order a few cup sizes! I have 2 different bras from there and they both fit, despite being different sizes.

      Caroline at http://curvywordy.blogspot.com/ might be ablw to help you further, she has loads of Ewa bras.

      Delete
    6. It's fine, I don't mind :) I might check them out soon then, thanks for the help :D x

      Delete
    7. No problem, glad to help :)

      Delete
  2. I'm not sure if you are on Tumblr, but your photo of the thong set has made quite a splash.

    Just thought you would like to know.

    This is one link to a blog among the many many more.
    http://thesoftesttits.tumblr.com/post/17745914275/omnomnom-part2#notes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep finding myself appearing on curveappeal, no idea who's submitting me there! I love reasing the comments! Thanks for the link :)

      Delete
  3. Oh. My. God. I seriously have to say I think I'm in love with you. That is all for now. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the full coverage briefs and the ruffles. You look fantastic in the Curvy Kate bra and panty sets. Love the last photo of you in the Curvy Kate's Tease Me in Black Almond very much. My favourite lingerie colour is a very feminine vibrant pink and I love fuchsia and turquoise as well. I admire you for your lingerie modeling. I aspire to do more of it myself but am very very tardy in doing so.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These posts are great! I've managed to bare my body 3 times max on my blog - phew! x

    ReplyDelete