Thursday 16 June 2011

Debenhams Disasters and Delights!

As always, I ended up in Debenhams lingerie department last week. I noticed they have a few nice new bras in, so I gave them a whirl, leaving my boyfriend, yet again, aimlessly andering around the reast of the store. Bless.

Bra numero uno: Gorgeous Black Spot Balcony Bra, Currently in the 30% off offer at £17.60, usual price £22.
As always, I tried this in a 30G, and had no problems with the typically snug Debenhams band. The problem was in the straps, that are stretchy and too long. I know this can be rectified in a few minutes with a needle and thread, but it's still annoying, nonetheless. See how, in the second photo, the uplift of the breast is acheived by simply shortening the straps? his is something I have always had issues with sadly.

Second up, we have the Gorgeous (VERY fitting in this case) Ivory Ribbon Detail Balcony Bra £16 currently, usually £20. 
Oh my....I LOVE the styling of this bra, contrasting colours and ribbons are my favourite! The fit is fine, again in a 30G. I'm quite tempted to buy this one, but yet again, the straps are too long! I want uplift, damnit!

Thirdly, I found this on the sale rack at just £7.20. It's a Wonderbra, and I think it's model name is 'Dream'. It's not on the Debenhams website, so check Ebay if you like it, or here.
This one is a typical balcony bra, with excellent uplift, a snug fitting band, and giving a pretty good forward projection which sits well under clothes. It gives a very flattering shape and makes you look slimmer too, whic is always a bonus! I'm sure if you have more top heavy boobs, you will get an epic cleavage too!
I purchased this one (manily due to the price) and it's nice as an everyday bra, although the underwires do sit quite far into the armpits. Ideal id you tend to get a lot of sideboob, but does tend to rub a little. Not enough to stop me seeking it out in white though!

Last up for this blog, The Gorgeous Black Sports Bra £17.60 at the moment, usually £22.
I wasn't expecting much from this, with it being an 'own brand' sports bra, but I must admit, it was pretty supportive! The ONLY issue I had was that the 'cups' (can I call the front area that??) were a bit small. They could have done with being a tad bigger, offering a bit more coverage under the arms to encase any sideboob. I tried this in my usual size of 30G.
If you're looking for a sports bra, certainly at least try this one on!

I know a lot of you busty girls out there avoid places like M&S and Debenhams, but I strongly suggest you don't entirely rule them out. Don't forget Debenhams also stock other big boob brands such as Freya, Fantasie and Panache!

Thanks for reading Gorgeous ;) x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.